|Legislative-Lobbying and Government Affairs|
– Advocate for clients before lawmakers and public officials.
– Develop and coordinate legislative strategy.
– Draft proposed legislation, amendments and position statements.
– Monitor and track policies, bills and amendments, and administrative
– Report periodically to clients concerning the status of legislation.
– Organize and participate in meetings and facilitate access to key
– Prepare written testimony and deliver remarks.
– Build and participate in coalitions and grass roots advocacy.
– Monitor implementation and enforcement of new laws.
– Complete and file reports for clients in compliance with State Ethics
Business and Economic Development
– Identify strategic business and economic development opportunities.
– Develop and implement strategies for obtaining government assistance.
– Monitor contract procurement opportunities to help clients seeking
to do business with the state of Connecticut achieve their strategic
– Represent clients effectively by navigating through the process for
requests for proposals, qualifications and information.
Unique Services for Other Lobbyists
– Review and monitor legislation; identify issues; track status of bills.
– Draft proposed legislation and amendments.
– Assist in compliance with State Ethics requirements and prepare
– Provided on a project-specific or retainer basis.
– Discreet and confidential.
– Public relations strategy and messaging.
– Draft written testimony, position statements and correspondence to
– Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
– Discreet and frequent communication with clients.
– Current and timely information to assist clients in decision-making.
Trade Association Management
– Full-service contract provider of management, strategy and solutions for non-profit professional and industry trade organizations.
– Organize and operate associations; serve as executive director.
– Develop strategic planning advice for volunteer leaders.
– Facilitate grass-roots organizing and meetings, programs and events.
– Conduct board of directors meetings; prepare agendas and meeting
– Publish newsletters.